Search Engine Optimization & Marketing (SEO/SEM)
SEO & SEM are techniques of maximizing ranking of the website on the search engine result pages causing increased volume and enhanced quality of traffic. We can help your website to compete in the organic search results on all the major search engines. We analyze the competition in your industry to provide you with best results by utilizing various SEO & SEM techniques in accordance with Google search engine guidelines. We trust that search engine optimization starts with a well designed website and a relevant searchable content but there are many other factors that need to be taken under consideration.
We often hear from our clients "I want my website to rank high on google and other search engines". MarLuSoft does everything possible to optimize our clients’ websites for effective ranking. To keep in mind, there are many factors which affect search engine placement. Still, there are many companies that make claims, guaranties and promises of top ranking. When clients tell us about companies that promise to make them appear on page one, the first question we ask them is "how did you find them?" The usual answer is that they found them through the paid ads (pay-per-click (PPC)), or through an email that guarantees first page ranking from the gecko. Usually this is a good sign to do some more research, and maybe find somebody else for help with your Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Furthermore, much depends on the type and the market size of your business. If your market is small and your website has been optimized and marketed well then chances of appearing on the first result pages of various search engines are high. When you have a vast competition and there are many websites that you compete against, then it surely will be more difficult to rank well in the search engines.
Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Page Title – currently, page title is one of the most important tags for a good search engine ranking and needs to be structured correctly.
- Description & Keywords Meta Tags - it is imperative that all relevant keywords and descriptions are included and placed properly within the code.
- Alt & Title Attributes – a picture maybe worth a thousand words but it is worth nothing to search engines unless the alt and title attributes are applied properly.
- Sitemaps – site map provides a way to notify search engines about all pages on the website that are available for indexing. We always create XML sitemaps in accordance with sitemaps.org sitemap protocol that is widely supported by Google, Yahoo!, and Microsoft.
- Robots.txt – proper robots.txt file on the server is important because it restricts/allows access to the site for search engine robots that crawl the web.
- Robots Meta Tags – these tags allow for controlling search engine access to the website on page by page basis.
- HTML/XHTML - we will always make sure that the site is built up to the latest standards; this will help with indexing the site much better.
- URL Rewriting – is utilized to convert dynamic URLs into Search Engine & User Friendly URLs that look more like static links. Static URLs are more important to search engines because they are usually descriptive and do not contain complicated query strings.
- Site Structure - positions of links and content within the website place a tremendous role. For example, for a search engine, the links and content on top of the website are more important than the links and the content on the bottom of the site.
Search Engines Submission
There are currently hundreds of search engines out on the internet but there are only few that account for over 99% of the search engine market. Although, there are many companies that offer to submit your website automatically those hundreds of search engines the most important search indexes make it virtually impossible to be included except by manual submission. Therefore, for our clients we offer manual submission to following major search engines:
Google - Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include Page Rank, caching and translation of results, and an option to find similar pages. It is the most popular search engine out there right now. More about Google.
Yahoo! - The search engine that helps you find exactly what you are looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the world. For more information about Yahoo! go to info.yahoo.com
Bing - Latest search engine from Microsoft. It is described as a "decision engine" that finds and organizes the answers the way that allows for faster and more informative decisions.It also offere travel search via Farecast. www.bing.com
Ask - Offers search for web sites, images, news, blogs, video, maps and directions, local search and shopping. It uses semantic and extraction capabilities to recognize the best answer to the question. To learn more about Ask go to www.ask.com
Baidu - a Chinese search engine most popular in China at this time. Baidu focuses on Chinese and Japanese languages and provides ability to search for web sites, audio files and images. For more information about Baidu click here.
Olnine Directory Listing Submission
There are thousands of online directories on the web. In general it is recommended to subscribe to as many directories as possible but it is wise to be cautious when choosing best directories for your website. Being listed in poor quality online directories may dilute the value of the links and negatively impact your website’s page ranking. We submit our clients’ websites to oldest and most reputable online directories:
Yahoo! Directory is the biggest and oldest directory on the web. It is subscription based and it costs $299 annually but it is one of the few directories that can send direct traffic. To find out more about Yahoo! Directory please visit dir.yahoo.com.
DMOZ The Open Directory Project is a free, human-edited, volunteer-run directory of the Web. Google and many other sites pull directory information directly from DMOZ. For more information about DMOZ go to www.dmoz.org.
Business.com is a huge business-related directory. It is a leading online destination for business buyers looking for B2B solutions as it is one of the largest online destinations for business content. About Business.com.
Best of The Web got started in 1994 and it is one of the oldest web directories around. Over the years it transformed into a comprehensive directory categorizing content-rich and well designed websites. For more information go to botw.org