webpagesize.net is an online tool that allows for previewing of any website in a wide variety of screen resolutions. In a past, to test a website in different display resolutions I would adjust my screen resolution down or up which was rather dull and tedious task causing several problems:
- Downsizing screen resolution would rearrange icons on the desktop.
- Changing screen resolution on flat panel displays from its native resolution affected quality of the image due to interpolation.
- Resolution was restricted by the highest settings of the display making impossible to preview web pages at higher resolution than the maximum display resolution.
Out of above list the biggest hurdle was to preview the website in resolution higher than my maximum screen resolution. Therefore I created this website to help developers and myself with this task.
Using webpagesize.net can help website developers and webmasters to quickly preview web pages in variety of screen resolutions.
Here is a list of common display resolution:
- 320 x 480 iPhone
- 480 x 320 iPhone (horizontal)
- 640 x 960 iPhone 4
- 960 x 640 iPhone 4 (horizontal)
- 640 x 480 VGA
- 800 x 600 SVGA
- 1024 x 768 XGA
- 1152 x 864 XGA+
- 1280 x 768 WXGA
- 1280 x 800 WXGA
- 1280 x 960 SXGA
- 1280 x 1024 SXGA
- 1366 x 768 HD
- 1440 x 900 WSXGA
- 1600 x 900 HD+
- 1600 x 1200 UXGA
- 1680 x 1050 WSXGA+
- 1920 x 1080 HD-1080
- 1920 x 1200 WUXGA
For anyone curious, here is a list of most popular display resolution in 2010 as reported by marketshare.hitslink.com